Green Shield Certified Standards and Experts
Green Shield Certified’s standards offer the assurance of proven, effective pest control methods conducted by knowledgeable professionals.
Reduction in health and environmental hazard is the bottom line, and high priority hazards are identified and targeted for reduction. Green Shield Certified standards are science-based and industry-tested, and our principles are at the heart of our standards:
- Knowledge – of pest lifecycles, habits and the conditions that affect different pest populations to apply IPM principles and practices.
- Monitoring and inspection – to spot problems early, and identify and correct conditions that encourage pests.
- Non-chemical approaches – as the primary tool to control pests; routine pesticide applications are not permitted.
- Documented performance – of monitoring and inspection results, and justification of pesticide applications.
- Least-toxic options – use non-chemical approaches as the first line of defense against pests.
- Effective pest management – to solve pest problems with effective, long-term strategies.
- Communicate – IPM approaches and benefits to others.