About Green Shield Certified
Green Shield Certified is an independent, non-profit certification program that promotes practitioners of effective, prevention-based pest control while minimizing the need to use pesticides.
Because our approach addresses the underlying cause of pest problems, it is more effective than conventional spray-intensive services. Green Shield Certification is available to qualifying pest management providers and to buildings, facilities and programs where our standards are attained.
Green Shield offers certification:
- For Pest Management Providers who certify their entire business, making all of their services Green Shield certified.
- For individual services offered by Pest Management Providers who also offer conventional, non-certified services.
- For facilities including single buildings, multiple buildings or campuses.
- For structural pest management programs that may cover multiple buildings that may or may not be under the control of a program manager. Programs may be run by a government entity or a private firm.
Green Shield Certified is recognized by other leading green programs and offers transfer of credits against their programs:
- Green Shield Certified is one of two national certification programs that qualifies for the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Office of Affordable Housing Preservation’s Mark-to-Market Green Incentives Program.
- Green Shield Certified is recognized by the US Green Building Council as a qualifying certification for pest management companies contracting with LEED-certified facilities, and is recognized in the IPM credit requirements for LEED v4.